Strategy Centre

Analysis & Views

Stock markets pause for breath

Written by admin

Last week my article focused on how the E-mini S&P had reached important longer-term resistance levels and how other US stock markets were becoming severely overbought. As it happens so far the E-mini S&P has halted right at the longer-term trendline resistance areas in the 2115/2120 area as we had suspected. Yesterday on Tuesday 4 March we saw the first signs of profit-taking as the E-mini S&P dipped to 2096/2095. We did actually identify this as the first important support area in our daily reports and were pleased to see this held perfectly. Some still argue that stocks are not expensive and are looking for a rotation out of bonds and into stocks. I also read that one of the biggest factors driving this stage of the bull run is that companies are borrowing money almost for free to buy back stock. I started trading six months before the crash in 1987. Since then, at least every six or seven years there has been a major setback for the global economy, including the 1997 Asian crisis, the 1998 Russian default and Long-Term Capital Management Collapse, the tech boom crash of…

Full article

Webinars

Strategies

Brand New Webinar – Steve’s Trading Targets

Written by admin

steve w background 2

Join me for my new webinar, Steve’s Trading Targets, on Monday 9 March at 1.30pm (UK time). I’ll be sharing my insight into the key calls traders will need to make in the coming weeks. Click here to sign up for Steve’s Trading Targets In accordance with my 80/20 rule of trading there are certain things I’m looking at right now that will move the markets. Remember, 80% of the time my trades revolve around technical analysis. The other 20% of the time I focus on news and data. No news is good news? Greece is the main focus in Europe at the moment. The fact that Greece was ‘playing hard ball’ worried me greatly. Greece has nowhere to go for help apart from maybe Russia. That’s certainly a rock and a hard place right now. From a technical perspective I have been playing close attention to the EUR/USD. Taking weekly Fibonacci from the August 2014 highs to recent lows it is clear that if the euro was going to find value higher up the range we would have seen this by now. Holding below the 1.14426 (23.6% Fibonacci) indicates…

Full article

Trading Signals

This content is for information purposes only and should not be construed as trading advice.

apply for an account

Share InterTrader

Trading Tools

Learning Academy

Economic Calendar

Market News

Subscribe to Daily Market Brief

Your address will not be passed to any third party

More Trading Tools

Apply for a live trading account to received access to more free trading tools, including:

apply for an account

Spread betting and CFD trading both carry a high level of risk to your capital with the possibility of losing more than your initial investment. These products may not be suitable for all investors, and are only intended for people over 18. Please ensure that you are fully aware of the risks involved and, if necessary, seek independent financial advice. Stops are automatically allocated to each trade and if triggered are subject to market gaps unless you specified for your trade to be guaranteed. InterTrader.com is a trading name of London Capital Group Ltd (LCG) which is registered in England and Wales under registered number 3218125. LCG is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Registered address: 6 Devonshire Square, 2nd Floor, London, EC2M 4AB.

TradeBack is a trademark of InterTrader.com. Apple, the Apple logo and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. iPad is a trademark of Apple Inc.