Do I qualify as a professional trader?
It’s a dream job for many: trading full-time for a living on your own account, or on behalf of clients.
Here we look at the qualifications required to become a professional trader with Intertrader, along with some of the potential benefits.
Understanding the professional trader
To go pro with Intertrader you must satisfy at least two of three criteria:
- Have you traded, in significant size, on the relevant market at an average frequency of 10 per quarter over the previous four quarters?
- Have you an investment portfolio (cash deposits and financial instruments), which exceeds €500,000 (or equivalent)?
- Have you worked in the financial sector for at least one year in a professional position, which requires knowledge of the transactions or services envisaged?
Why go pro?
Going professional allows you to benefit from lower margins to gain greater leverage. You can also join our TradeBack™ loyalty scheme to earn monthly cash rebates based on your volume of trading.
For any help you need, you get access to a personal relationship manager who can provide specialised technical assistance whenever required.
Things to note when going pro
Please be aware that as a professional client you will lose certain protections and compensation rights enjoyed by retail clients. You should also remember that using higher levels of leverage increases your exposure to risk.
Pro-grade trading platform
We also offer a professional-grade platform trading platform that will appeal to serious traders who value the speed, stability and flexibility of a download platform. The advanced trading platform boasts an advanced charting package, a fully customisable front end, Bloomberg Live TV and multi-monitor support.
If you are a high-volume, advanced trader looking for tailor-made tools and a pro-grade trading platform to exploit complex trading strategies, qualifying for Intertrader’s professional status could be a huge benefit.
You can try the advanced platform risk-free before using any real funds by creating a demo account with us.
An exclusive package
There are other benefits to becoming a professional trader with Intertrader. Our professional clients also qualify for our premium professional service, on request, giving you access to:
- DMA shares on UK, US and European exchanges
- Options on most underlying securities
- Phone trading via our team of highly experienced sales traders
Remember, you are trading with a secure and trusted provider. Intertrader is owned by GVC Holdings PLC, a FTSE 100 company with a market capitalisation of over £4bn as of January 2019.
- GVC has offices in 18 territories across five continents
- Group brands have a combined heritage of over 250 years
- It has revenues of over £3bn annually
- The company posted clean EBITDA of €5mn in 2017
Fair and transparent trading
Intertrader also stands out as a 100% market-neutral spread betting and CFD provider. Our 100% market-neutral policy means we never act as the counterparty to your trade. Whether you choose No Dealing Desk spread betting and CFDs, ECN/STP forex, or DMA equities, we never take a financial interest against you.
These are just some of the reasons why we’re the choice of global asset managers, funds and family offices across the globe. Find out if you qualify to join them, or contact us to request an upgrade at email@example.com or +44 (0)20 3364 5189. We’re here Monday to Friday 24 hours a day.
You should under no circumstances consider the information and comments provided as an offer or solicitation to invest. This is not investment advice. The information provided is believed to be accurate at the date the information is produced.